"Time
spent hoping for happier days is time spent turning away from life."
"The
true cost of something is what you give up to get it."
"Anguish
emerges from craving for a life to be other than it is."
"People
grow up in particular societies in particular periods, and their ideas cannot
but reflect the constraints of the environment they have known."
"Many
fail to grasp what they have seen, and cannot judge what they have learned,
although they tell themselves they know." Heraclitus
"There’s
nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
"Most
people would rather die than think; most people do." Bertrand Russell
"Habit
is an effective tranquilizer but its side effects include blindness, deafness
and atrophy of the brain." Michael Foley
"The
modern man thinks that everything ought to be done for the sake of something
else, and never for its own sake." Bertrand Russell
"Confidence
is what you have before you understand the problem." Woody Allen
"It
started with a feeling of unease. I saw inconsistencies between what people
said and did. I thought the way they lived was very foolish, that they didn't
know how to live. (...) There was no
reason to do the done thing. You could do what wasn't done. Gradually, without any rebellion, a sort of
stupidity became evident. I wanted to get rid of it, so I worked to do so. Once
I was a student and began to plan my life,
I tried to distance myself as much as possible from this ready made
plan. I wanted to invent my life. I thought it would feel much better than
repeating tested routines."
Simone de
Beauvoir
"Do we
own our own stories or do they own us?"
"We
hear and apprehend only what we already half know." Henry David
Thoreau
"No es saludable estar bien adaptado a una sociedad
profundamente enferma." Jiddu
krishnamurt
"Socialism
never took root in America because the poor see themselves not
as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires."
John Steinbeck
"The
reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in
trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the
unreasonable man." George Bernard Shaw
No comments:
Post a Comment